Step 1: Basic Information Form
Step 2: Apply
Step 3: Requirements
| Application Information for Stage Management
MFA students are offered a full financial package that covers all university tuition and insurance (health, dental, vision). Living expenses and other fees are not typically covered. For a more detailed description of the financial support package for MFA students, download the Financial Package Breakdown.
You have made it to step two. Here is the the information that you need to send to us via regular mail. Print this page out or take good notes. After you finish determining what you need to send to us, you should move on to step three - applying to the University of California.
Please send to us via regular mail or upload the following: Materials that must be sent by regular mail or uploaded by January 9, 2018 include:
• An essay about yourself and your interest in stage management, including your personal vision of the role of the stage manager in professional theatre today. This essay should indicate your views of the role of the stage manager in the creative process as well as thoughts about your subsequent career goals. Upload at http://apply.grad.ucsd.edu.
• A copy of sample paperwork from your most complex show (sample pages of a contact sheet, character/scene breakdown, prop plot, production calendar, and scene shift plot, rehearsal and performance reports), as well as anything else you feel is representative of your work, and a copy of one scene from the same production with complete blocking and cueing notes. Do not send an entire production script. Upload at http://apply.grad.ucsd.edu.
• The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least two professional stage managers, production managers, general managers/producers, directors, designers, and/or technical directors with whom you have worked, other than those who have written letters of recommendation. Upload at http://apply.grad.ucsd.edu.
• Official transcripts or official copies of academic records from all post-secondary institutions attended. Upload at http://apply.grad.ucsd.edu.
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation (Waiver of Access to Letters of Recommendation and Letter of Recommendation Form at http://apply.grad.ucsd.edu). Preference is for online letters of recommendation. For the online letter of recommendation process, you must provide the email address of each recommender.
• Statement of purpose. Upload at http://apply.grad.ucsd.edu.
These materials should be uploaded at http://apply.grad.ucsd.edu. or sent to the following address:
UCSD Theatre and Dance
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0344
After a review of all application materials, finalists will be contacted and a personal interview in San Diego will be required. Details regarding interviews will be finalized at a later date.
If you have questions about the application process or about the materials required of you, please contact Marybeth Ward at (858) 534-1046 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ready, move on and apply to the University of California, San Diego click below:
Proceed to Step 1: Basic Information Form >>
Proceed to Step 2: Apply >>
|If you have questions or would like more information about our Graduate programs, call the Graduate Coordinator, Marybeth Ward, at 858-534-1046 or email at email@example.com.|
UC San Diego 9500 Gilman Dr. MC0344, La Jolla, CA 92093
Tel: (858) 534-3791 Fax: (858) 534-1080